This organic Junmai sake is certified under the organic system of Japan, the United States, and the European Union. It has a soft mouthfeel, a generous flavor, and a rich, full-bodied taste.
“Hyakunensui”, water used to brew this sake, begins as rain and snowfall at the foot of Mt. Hakusan. The water spends at least 100 years slowly filtering through the deep underground. It then reaches the well of the brewery, blessed with minerals that are necessary for fermentation.
Although the cultivation of organic sake rice is still limited, the organic sake rice used are “Yamadanishiki”, “Kinmonnishiki” and “Fukunohana”. Fukumitsuya have been cooperating with sake-rice farmers since 1960 and began cultivating organic sake rice in 2006. Kagatobi Organic Junmai is the fruit of these two natural ingredients and the brewing skills of Fukumitsuya.
The green bottle, logo, and shoulder label express the great taste of organic Junmai made with natural sake. The large "thunderbolt in the clouds" pattern on the label was dyed on the long robe worn by "Kagatobi," the in-house firefighters in charge of the Kaga Clan's Edo residence, and has been used as a symbolic logo since the birth of the brand.
Target: Health-conscious consumers who enjoy products produced naturally without synthetic chemicals. Organic eaters. Wine enthusiasts.
Rigorous Organic Certification
The rice used must be JAS-certified organic, which is given to agricultural products grown in specific fields for at least three years without pesticides or organic fertilizers.
- All processing, from washing the rice to bottling, must be carried out in a certified processing plant to have an environment and manufacturing method that meets organic certification standards.
- For certification, inspectors from the certifying organization visit the farmland and processing plant directly to conduct a rigorous on-site inspection.
- To maintain certification, an on-site inspection must be conducted once a year.
- Only after these strict conditions are met can organic certification be obtained, and sake can be sold and exported with the "organic" or "organic" label.
It goes well with any dishes using soybeans or sesame (Egg, Grilled Tofu, Tofu Salad, Goma Tofu, or Hot Pot with sesame sauce) or grilled with any white fish or vegetables.
Serving any temperature. Cool (10-12°C), Room temperature (around 20°C) or Hot (40-45°C）
>KAGATOBI ORGANI JUNMAI SAKE BROCHURE
(Print on both sides. Fold in half.)
- CLASS: JUNMAI ORGANIC
- BREWERY: FUKUMITSUYA
- REGION: CHUBU
- PREFECTURE: ISHIKAWA
- ABV: 14%
- SMV: +4
- Acid Degree: 1.5
- Rice Polished: 65%
- Rice: Organic Yamadanishiki, Organic Fukunohana
- SKU: 08417 6/720ML
- USDA ICEA Organic Certificate of Compliance
- Spec Sheet